Friday, July 17, 2009

{Jobs}

So in our house everyone has "jobs" to do. This summer a few new ones have been added to the list the boys can do on their own...which I am happy to report that laundry is one of them.

K can now load the washer, add soap and start it without assistance. So E sorts laundry and K loads and makes the switch to the dryer. E unloads the dryer and puts it on the blue couch where the boys sort, fold and hang their clothing.

This has changed my week!! They are really good at it and we have had no big laundry accidents yet...

I did tell them that when school starts again it will go back to being a Mom Job b/c they won't have all the extra time they have over the summer.

E has also gained more bathroom jobs. This is him cleaning the mirror this week. I thought it was funny that he was standing in the sink....he said he forgot about the mirror and did the counter first, then remembered and stood in the sink since he hadn't cleaned that yet. Very resourceful I think!

Afterthought...okay so I am not making them do the whole house's laundry just thier own. And they like it.....really they do. They have said to me how easy the job is but it is a lot of trying to remember to get it in the dryer later. They have had nights where they have no clean jammies b/c they forgot to switch it over to the dryer. Learning from little mistakes now is good I hope.

No comments: