Saturday, July 25, 2009

{24th of July}


So I grew up LDS but never remember celebrating the pioneers. I remember a lot of talk of pioneers in July but I never made a connection.


Now having lived in Utah I understand what they are celebrating....do I like it? I liked the day off work but I am not into the parades and all of that. Plus we just had fireworks on the 4th of July so I feel a bit tired of them by the time the 24th would roll around.


Here in Nevada our stake has done a big celebration every year. But we never went until last year and this year. My kids like it....running around playing "pioneer game" (i don't consider a cake walk a pioneer game, but to each his own), eating at the park and hanging out in the heat.


So here are some pictures from last night....we had "the girls" with us to which made it even more fun.


One last thing....I don't think the grass was this green. I mean it is the hottest part of the summer here and I dint' think it was that green last night.

No comments: