Monday, February 2, 2009

Spelling Sentances

Almost every night E has to write his spelling words 4 times each and a sentence for each word. Most of the time he is right on top of it and needs a little help with the sentences. One day about two weeks ago he sat down and did all his homework without a peep...never asking for help...and I didn't think anything about it.
So when Monday rolled around and we were getting ready for school the next day, I looked over his homework packet to make sure it was all done. And I was reading over his sentences and found this one...
"I am white."
The spelling word was white. I was laughing so hard! And of course showed it to Chad.
You see when E was born he was very "white" compared to our first baby. E was blond haired, blue eyed, and very white skin. K was dark headed, dark eyes, and darker skin. So we have always lovingly called E our "white baby" especially in the summer when I have to consciously remember to lather him in sunscreen all the time.
So for him to write this sentence was too funny!

No comments: