Monday, February 9, 2009

It's Valentine Party week!


I am trying to get a head start on preparations for Valentine Parties at school this year. Sunday we all sat down and the boys wrote out their valentines.


I am anti-prepackaged boxed commercial valentines...the ones with transformers, star wars...you know the ones....so this takes a bit longer in our house. I cut paper and stamp, the boys count out items and start "stuffing" the bags. We do a little goody bag for things like this and I love it. This year's consisted of m&ms and inflatable balloons...yes i know all balloons are inflatable....but these do it on it's own. I didn't believe it either, one because it came from the dollar store 4 in a pack and two i had never seen them before.


We brought them home a few weeks ago and tried it. The package says to not open the packaging and to hit it as hard as you can and watch the balloon inflate. So the boys hit the packages really hard and we waited. About 2 minutes later out popped a little heart balloon all the way inflated. The balloons were cold and sounded like there was water in them so we assume there is some kind of chemistry going on in there. but it was fun and different.


So the boys have their simple valentines done and I have accomplished on thing on the list this week. And have managed to avoid the commercial cartoon valentines once again.


Oh and I posted this on the "other blog" too since I needed something a little crafty over there. so Sorry if you were expecting something else there!

1 comment:

Alexa said...

Hey, Google sent me to your blog... I'm trying to find those auto-inflate Valentine's. My daughter brought one home from preschool today, and I wouldn't mind showing my other kids. Do you remember which dollar store you got them at? Thanks!