Sunday, September 20, 2009

{this is FANCY}


So all these years we have been parents we have just figured out we have been going about feeding our boys all wrong.


We are those parents that feel a home cooked meal is the best and a very important part of their day. We try to have a good breakfast, healthy lunch and a home cooked healthy dinner every night. We don't use hamburger helper, mac and cheese, ramen or any of those staples around here. I try to make as much or our food from scratch as I can. We thought we were all doing great with our food choices for the boys.


Then Saturday night came.


And C and I were going to a church meeting so we were having a babysitter come over. Usually he will make dinner for them or we will get pizza if we are running late. This night I remembered I had got two TV dinners I thought I would use for my work lunches. But I hardly ever have time for lunch so I have never taken them. So I told the boys what they were they each choose one and I heated them up.


Upon giving it to E he looks at it and I explain what a TV dinner is why it is called a TV dinner and any other questions he had. To which he tells me "this is pretty FANCY."


Yep...our boy would think TV dinners are fancy...not all those hot meals we made form scratch to avoid preservatives and all the other bad stuff.


We are re-evaluating our food preparations now.