Monday, March 9, 2009

{time measured by kitchen appliances}


So about a month ago our blender died....a quiet death...we went to use it and discovered it was leaking from somewhere that was not able to be fixed so we threw it away.

Two weeks ago I went to use the salad shooter and it shocked me, made a spark, and then made a wonderful metal grating noise. Away in the trash that went

Then tonight....the rice cooker. You physically have to hold the cook button down for it to cook the rice. First I stood there mad for a minute holding down the button. Then Kaden came in the house so I made him hold the button while I looked for tape. The tape worked okay but you have to check on it every 5 minutes or so b/c it needs to be re taped down again.

Can you see the tape in the picture?

Dinner was fine and I can't replace the rice cooker now so we will live with taping it down. I figured we would get a new blender closer to hot weather when we make a lot of smoothies. I don't even think they make salad shooter anymore....it makes me sad.

But we realized all those appliances were given to us when we got married....13 years ago. So it mighty be time for things to stop working....I just wish it didn't have to happen all at once!

No comments: