Tuesday, March 24, 2009

how this mommy hems pants

So we are forever needing pants hemmed in this house. the boys keep growing and ripping their pants for school (we wear uniforms at school so we need khaki pants 4 days a week). And since we don't own a sewing machine and one of our grandma's is in Rome we are doing the best we can (or should I say I can).


So instead of saving up pants for a visit from Grandma Walker we are making do with what we have and my abilities to not really sew....


So K ripped his last pair of "dress" pants for school and needed a new pair for tomorrow and they needed to be hemmed up like 8 inches....yes he has the "walker boy" body shape...so I did it.


Can you tell?


The stapler is my friend. I am coloring the staples with permanent marker so they aren't so noticeable and K doesn't seemed bothered by it at all....especially since he has been the unfortunate boy who had to wear the last pair of pants I "tried" to actually sew and it wasn't pretty!

No comments: