Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Cooking

So I love to do something every Sunday between Thanksgiving and Christmas that is "Christmas-y" We started this last year and created so many good memories so I was excited to do it again this year.

But then Sunday rolled around, we went to Stake Conference, and had lunch and I had no clue what to do so I took a nap. The boys dumped every Lego they own out in the front room and turned on a movie.
Dinner came and went and guilt started. So I got out some ideas I had for Christmas cookies to give out this year and we started cooking.




Now I hate to give things I haven't tried myself so this was our taste testing batches of 2 Christmas treats.


Fudge and Buckeyes.



We made Buckeyes last February but I lost the recipe somewhere so I made up a new one out of recipes I found on line and we went for it.



The Buckeyes are great...we are still waiting for the Fudge to firm up.

But it provided a fun family Christmas activity and got another thing done for the holiday!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

what a fun tradition!

i am all about the traditions!

Britain said...

That looks like lots of fun. I feel like I am pulling teeth trying to get my family to do Christmas type things this year.