Sunday, October 19, 2008

Get in Love




So to my great joy Ethan is studying Shakespeare's plays in school this year. Imagine 1st graders trying to learn Shakespeare. I took a great class my 2nd year in college that was all Shakespeare and I loved it! So this thrills me that he is coming home with these stories to share.


(Add another reason to the list of things I love about our school)


Here is the first one he came home with....


Ethan calls this one "the ALL play"


And it goes like this (Ethan's version)


"there is this King and he kicks out this girl and the girls helper. The girl is named Roseline and her girl helper is someone I don't know. But that Orlando and this boy get in a wrestling match and then Orlando and Roseline get in love"


"get in love" I love that part....somehow love comes and you just get it. No falling in love in this boys mind...he was more focused on the wrestling part. Love was a side note.


Than this week he came home with "Romeo and Juliet the sock puppets" (that is Ethan's title)


It goes like this "there is a boy Romeo and in my story he has a cape and Julia or Julie or something like that, she has long hair. And their families are fighting but no one knows why and than Julia calls for Romeo from her window and Romeo hears her and they get in love. And then they die."


More getting in love....happens a lot in these stories!

No comments: