Monday, December 27, 2010

{First time}

So we (me, my parents and B & V) took the kids ice skating for the first time.

Keep in mind it has been at least 11 years since I have been on ice skates, and I don't know how long for B & V.

It is really sad that it took 3 skating adults and 2  non- skating adults to take 4 skaters and one baby.

But we were lucky to have all of us there because we could tag team the skaters, all who have never skated before, and Grandma & Grandpa could deal with the non-skaters or the ones taking a "break."

Everyone did really well. K tried hard and had many falls.

E went around the whole rink quite a few times and fell only a handful of times. It was great to see his determination to keep going and get better at it.

For me....I forgot what a work out it is to ice skate, but I think in my younger years it wasn't a work out. So it's just another reminder of my age.

But they do want to go skating again so that is great!

No comments: