Sunday, October 17, 2010

{Why I hate to carpool}

As you know we live a bit aways from out school, so we spend at least 1.5 hours in the car everyday driving too and from school. We are usually a quiet bunch at 7 am on the way to school. But the way home we get to talk about all kinds of things.

For one year we carpooled to school with a handful of parents so I only had to drive out to school for 1 day every 4 weeks I think. And after about a month I discovered that I was missing something. I figured it out that I was missing those chats in the car.

Friday made me remember why I am so lucky to drive them too and from each day (not to mention to spend the day at school with them too).  Our drive home consisted of many gospel topics from what heaven would look like, why you would choose to get married in a backyard instead of the Temple, if you can be righteous without being a member of the church, the 3 degrees of Glory, and patriarchal blessings. It was a great conversation with both boys talking a lot. I think you can also add this conversation to the list of reasons we love our school too. A lesson K had in his class had sparked this conversation and that is wonderful too.

So if you need parenting advice from me I say: drive your kids to all their activities...carpooling is overrated!

2 comments:

Britain said...

How cute you are. I am glad you are still updating your blog. I miss seeing you. I hope you are having a fantastic Fall.

As a funny side note, carpool saves my life. It is only two minutes to get to school (so not a whole lot of quality talking time), plus I have to wake up babies from naps and buckle them both into car seats. Not fun.

Jennie said...

thanks so much for saying this... i love learning new ideas...