Saturday, October 23, 2010

{DS Sadness}

K's DS Story..............

He got a new DS for his big day after breaking his first one 6 weeks after it was bought. (we made him wait over 2 years before he got this one to teach some responsibility.)

Well last Wednesday night I went to switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer and guess what I found?

His DS.
Sopping wet.
In the bottom of the washer.

I took it apart the best I could. It was dripping water. It was 9:30 at night and tech support was closed. So I did what all moms do and googled then facebook-ed friends for ideas to revive this DS.

But it is officially dead. Tech Support will let us pay 50 dollars to have it fixed since it is less than 6 months old.

K has to pay for it. He isn't too happy but the alternative is no DS.

Decisions Decisions...........

But I hope that he has learned not to leave the DS in his pants pockets now.

It is really sad to see how upset he was and how much more he was upset when he figured out he was going to have to fix this one on his own. It's hard to be the "mean mom" who won't just fix this problem, but I keep telling myself he has to learn.

No comments: