Friday, May 21, 2010

{growing up}

ok...so they are getting bigger...

we now have no booster seats in our cars and everyone just buckles in like grown ups.
I can deal with that right?
well.... I discovered that I use the booster for other things too like....watermelons.

I bought a watermelon a few nights ago and when I went to put it in the backseat I realized that it was just going to roll all over the place since the booster used to "hold" it in place with it's armrests.

one strike against the boys growing up.

Then the conversation in the car on the way home from school today.

K: I think we should wash this uniform when we get home. (they wear uniforms at their school)

Me: ok...why?

K: well we did this messy shaving cream thing and it got on me everywhere but you can't really see it.

M: ok. then just throw them right in the wash when we get home.

K: well you can just smell it and decide when we get home.

Okay....really....I'm not smelling anyones dirty clothes, no matter how dirty or clean after wearing them.
I thought that smelling clothes for cleanliness was a learned behavior that boys picked up somewhere, but apparently it is not learned and they are just born with the need to smell clothing to see if they should wear it again.

Gross....another strike against boys growing up.

No comments: