Friday, April 30, 2010

{A Gift}

I served as the Primary President for about 3 years in my ward here. Just this past January I was released and have been slowly getting used to getting the chance to relax and listen to lessons at church.

This past Sunday a few people were insistant that I get into Primary to listen to K's talk.

So I went in to listen and then was given a beautiful blanket from the new Presidency.

They put each child's picture on the blanket, and one of my favorite scriptures and the one and only picture of my presidency (without me). It is a wonderful gift and made me miss the chance I had to be with the children each week and to be with the friends I found in my presidency every week. It gave us a chance to talk and made us stick together. We all have different callings now and work in different auxillaries in the ward, making it hard to be together a lot......I just didn't realize how much I missed that.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

what a cool gift!

Calling All Super Savers said...

Hope you enjoy your blanket!!!!