Monday, May 9, 2011

2011 Mother of Honor

So I normally just get to read N's blog like everyone else but not long ago I used my Jedi mind tricks on her (yeah, that was just for the boys) and got her to set me up to where I can post or edit blogs. While this would never really be necessary in normal circumstances, I have something that I want to share that I don't know if she'd blog about or not. N was recently named one of five Clark County Mothers of Honor for 2011. She was nominated by an essay that K had written in school about his mom.


When we found out that she was going to receive the honor, we of course wanted to know what K had written but all he could remember was that he thought he had put in it that she was a really good cook. Big help. (his actual letter below)


After much ado and what seemed like way too long to wait to see what it was all about, the day finally came Saturday when we attended the brunch to recognize Nevada's Mother of the Year, Young Mother of the Year, and Clark County's Mothers of Honor.

It was a fun time with many kudos to the hard working women in our lives. N's mom even had a lei delivered from Hawaii for her.





She received a plaque as well as letters from a Clark County Commissioner and Nevada Senator Harry Reid. Pics are a bit fuzzy 'cause I apparently can't hold still with the camera on my phone but you get the idea ...






Afterwards, N jumped onto a plane to go back East to see Auntie C receive her hard earned Master's degree - congrats to her, she deserves it! While it was weird not having N here with us on Mother's Day, I was thinking about her all day and came across some pictures of her being a great mom through the last eleven years. Too many to choose from so here are just a few.











Love ya babe ...



1 comment:

Jennie said...

oh noe!!! i am sooooooo very proud of you!!

you are such a great example to me and what i want to be as a momma for abbi!

i am honored to be your friend and miss you like crazy!! sure wish we lived closer to one another! :)

love ya....

... and thanks for posting this chad!! :)